10 Things I Love About My Husband
Post By Dani Ryan @ Cloudy, With a Chance of Wine.
If you follow my blog, you know I tend to write snarky and funny posts about my life as a mom, wife, and utter klutz. I may throw in the odd sappy thing now and then, but for the most part, I like to find humor in all of the curve balls life continues to throw at me.
It helps keep me sober during daylight hours.
What you probably don't know is that I'm a hopeless romantic.
Now don't get me wrong: I don't sit around writing love letters to my husband while watching Nicholas Spark movies or anything crazy like that. But I have turned into one of those pathetic women who can't sleep when her husband is out of town, and I have a tendency to say I Love You about 1,396,904 times a day.
I'm overbearing like that.
So when Tracy at Momaical asked if I'd like to write something about love for The Epistolarians this month, I thought it would be a nice challenge to write something semi-serious for once.
I thought of telling you how I met my husband (stalker!), when I knew he was "the one" (after the 2nd drink on our 1st date), or how we keep the magic alive (not suitable for the under-30 age set), but nothing was grabbing me.
After spending the last several days playing nurse-maid to The Hubs after a back injury, I decided it was time to
remind myself tell you the things I love most about him.
10 things I love about my husband:
1. Whenever I ask him if I should get a boob job, he lies and tells me anything more than a handful is a waste.
2. He reads all of my blog posts and pretends to laugh at the parts I think are funny.
3. He once told me his idea of roughing it is staying in a hotel without room service.
4. When he came down with a Man Cold a couple of months ago, he checked himself into a hotel for the weekend so I didn't have to
deal with him worry about The Kid getting sick.
5. Whenever I say I should cut back on my wine intake, he gently reminds me I'm a much better person when I have a steady stream of booze in my body.
6. He's taught me everything I know about fashion.
7. He's endured 7 seasons of The Deadliest Catch because he knows how much I love watching those boys get on the crab.
8. When I self-consciously asked if it felt like he was having sex with The Black Hole the first time we did the horizontal bop after The Kid was born, he kept a straight face and told me it felt "better".
9. He has a nice ass.
10. When he was closing a bond trade between contractions as I was pushing our daughter out of my hooha, he lied and told me he was texting with his sister.
What? Did you think I was going to focus on the obvious? Like his sense of humor, intelligence, and self-confidence, the fact that he's an amazing Dad, or that he has a smoking hot body?
As if his ego needs any more stroking.